Located within the historic Berwick-Upon-Tweed Barracks
Berwick Museum and Art Gallery is located within the Clock Block of the historic Berwick-Upon-Tweed Barracks. Designed by architect Nicholas Hawksmoor and completed in 1721, it was the first purpose-built army barracks since Roman times. Owned by English Heritage the Barracks also feature an exhibition 'By Beat of Drum', The King's Own Scottish Borderers Museum and The Berwick Gymnasium Contemporary Art Gallery.
25th March – 25th JulyWednesday – Saturday 1100 – 1700 and Sunday 1100 - 1600
25th July – 4th SeptemberMonday – Saturday 1100 -1700 and Sunday 1100 - 1600
4th September – 30th SeptemberWednesday – Saturday 1100 -1700 and Sunday 1100 - 1600
Parking: Public parking adjacent to the Barracks
Toilets: available including disabled
Accessibility: Unfortunately due to the nature of the buildings, there is no wheelchair access to the upper floors.
- Adults - £4.60
- Children (5-15 years) - £2.80
- Concessions - £4.10
- Family Ticket (2 adults + 3 children) - £12.00
- English Heritage Members and Friends of the Museum and Archive - FREE